Seventy-two per cent of contracts of the bullet practice mission between Mumbai and Ahmedabad will probably be undertaken by home corporations as a part of the railways’ efforts to spice up ”Aatmanirbhar Bharat”, Chairman and CEO of the Railway Board V Okay Yadav mentioned on Friday.
Most of the excessive worth technical work like laying of bridges and tunnels will probably be dealt with by Indian contractors, whereas Japanese corporations will deal with works associated to signalling, telecom and rolling inventory, he mentioned at a webinar organised by the Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM).
Of the estimated price of Rs 1.10 lakh crore for the 508-km-long high-speed rail hall mission, Rs 88,000 crore will probably be given to India as mortgage by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
“After a very detailed discussion with the Japanese government, we have made 72 per cent of the entire contract value open to Indian contractors which includes all civil engineering work including bridges, under-sea tunnel related contracts, whereas contracts for Japanese contractors are only limited to signal and telecom, initial rolling stock and electrical works,” Mr Yadav mentioned.
“The Railways is going to achieve this objective of ”Aatmanirbhar Bharat” in a big way and the most important thing is that the Railways is developing infrastructure in an integrated manner in such a way that we will be able to take care of traffic requirements till 2050,” he mentioned.
The chairman mentioned that the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet practice mission is getting delayed resulting from land acquisition. In Gujarat, 90 per cent land has already been acquired and the remaining 10 per cent will probably be obtainable by December 31.
During the webinar, he additionally mentioned that the ultimate draft of the nationwide rail plan 2030 is prepared and it’s prone to be launched subsequent month.
“Vision 2024 is part of the national rail plan 2030 which will be taking care of infrastructure needs which requires to be developed by 2030 to take care of traffic requirements of 2050 and it includes all the projects included in the Vision 2024 document,” Mr Yadav mentioned.
Speaking on freight loading targets, the Railway Board chairman mentioned that whereas final yr it was 1210 MT, in 2020-21, the goal is to attain 1250 MT and by March 2024, the Railways goals to load 2024 MT of freight.
Mr Yadav additionally mentioned that there was a paradigm shift within the final three to 4 months in the way in which during which enterprise improvement actions and advertising and marketing initiatives have been undertaken.
“Our portal for business development which is under development and by mid of December we are going to provide online facilities like tariff calculation, tracking consignment and others,” he mentioned.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)