Did you ever get good grades in your school just because you had good Handwriting? Or, Did you fail your test because of lousy Handwriting? Well! Are you looking to trace skills coming from the best handwriting in the world?
All of you, reading this article, can be a student or were a student once. It is a known fact that having the best Handwriting has its fair share of advantages.
You can get good marks or impress your teacher with your good Handwriting. You may pass your examinations with golden colors if you excel in writing (knowledge plays an important role too). In school, writing also has its value in College, either you are a college student or a teacher. Best Handwriting in the world has lots of benefits and can light up the mood too.
Handwriting is to write with a pencil and pen in hand; it is the art of using and creating different fonts, styles, and shapes. Do you know that there are different types of handwriting styles? The basis on the style, font, and shape, Handwriting styles are of three types (Textura Script, Cursive Script, Court hands).
TEXTURA SCRIPT: BEST HANDWRITING IN THE WORLD FROM MIDDLE AGES
- This was one of the oldest scripts of the Middle Ages. Textura script was widely used from the 12th-16th century. Other names of Textura Script are Gothic Handwriting or Black Letter handwriting. This is one of the best handwriting in the world.
- This script was popular among Western Europe(Belgium, France, Luxembourg, UK(United Kingdom))from 1150(approx.) to the 17th century.
- This type of Script requires continuous raising or lifting of the pen/pencil/nib to separate the strokes and form a letter. It is not similar to cursive at all. As the letters formed in this Script are not connected, this gives the Script a neat and formal texture and, thus, justifies the meaning behind the Handwriting’s unique name.
- The best example of this type of Script is “Rotunda.” In this type of scrip, natural and curved feet of the letters are formed. Rotunda is not a formal type of Textura script. However, it was very famous among Europeans in the mid-thirteenth century.
- You can see an example of a Textura script in a book written in the early 15th century by Wollaton Antiphonal.
CURSIVE OR CURSIVA SCRIPT
- This is another beautiful penmanship in which letters are made by joining each other together, making a flow of connected letters forming words.
- Cursive writing is considered one of the speedier scripts and was developed to copy library texts or other paper works that require a high-speed script.
- This type of Handwriting is most widely used in the present time as well because of its texture. In top parts of the world, Schools only teach the children cursive script as it looks beautiful and takes less time to write than other scripts.
- Cursive writing appeared in England in the late 13th century. Most of the population appreciated it. Thus, Cursive was the new fashion among English people in the 14th and 15th centuries for copying literary texts.
- The best example of cursive writing that we can provide you is the Works of William Shakespeare. The original texts of his novels are written in Cursive scripts only.
COURT HAND SCRIPT
- Court hand script (also known as Cursiva Antiquior, common law hand, or charter hand) was most common in the medieval period. It was most commonly among English law enforcement, lawyers as well as clerks.
- Court Hands was a unique and challenging read Script, and it kept on changing and became more complicated in the 13th century.
- This type of Script uses Cursive Angelica, in which the dual horizontal lines mark capital letters, and other letters join together with long and tall ascenders.
- In the 18th century, there was a major change in the Court hand script. It became difficult to read for people. Hence, the English courts banned it.
- You can find some Court hand writing texts in Shakespeare’s Henry VI part 2(1538), Bleak House by Charles Dickens(1852-53), and The Sword in the Stone by T.H. White.
The above discussed was the history of the Handwriting texts of different scripts .The above-discussed scripts are the most beautiful handwriting scripts in ancient times.
Let’s now learn some quick facts about Handwriting that will surprise you:-
- Every person breathing on this earth has a different way of writing, and thus, You can Handwriting to verify someone’s document if needed.
- No person in this world can fully copy another person’s Handwriting. Due to the technology advancement, it is possible to find out if the writing is original or not. Law enforcement also uses this technology these days and helps in solving various cases.
- You all must have seen some people who cannot write well despite giving lots of effort. Some children face challenges in writing and seldom write reverse letters or read reverse letters. Thus, Dysgrphia is the term for inability to read and write.
- Did you know? Approx 2-4% of the total population have children with Dysgraphia, which results from some shock, injury, or a stroke.
BEST HANDWRITING IN THE WORLD
Children, as well as teachers, both wish for good Handwriting. It helps teachers to read better and avoid confusion which in turn helps children to achieve good grades. Let me tell you about a Nepali girl who is a student of 8th standard and has the best Handwriting in the world.
Prakriti Malla, a Nepali Student of class 8th-B in Sainik Awasiya Mahavidyalaya, has the best Handwriting, which came into the limelight in 2017 through social media.
Many people have shared her talent on social media, and her popularity among people increased just like the light of speed travels. It was just a short time when thousands of posts of her Handwriting started appearing on Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter. People started appraising her by sharing her handwriting posts on their accounts. The government considered her Handwriting, and she received an award from the Government of Nepal and the armed forces.
Her writing is just like a font on your phone or computer. People loved and supported her. They even suggested Microsoft consider her awesome font like writing as an official font in their MS Office. Moreover, Nepal’s government has also considered her signature as the most beautiful signature in the world.
BEST HANDWRITING FONTS
Here is a brief description of the best and most recommended fonts which can help you get good grades:-
- Rusty ColaPen:- It is a type of cursive handwriting font that will add stars to your work. It consists of stylish characters joined together in a cursive manner.
- Melany Lane:- It is an ideal choice for most females. For the most part, It is very poise and elegant Handwriting with strokes in the beginning and end of each character. Characters are separate from each other, They have an Italic font, which provides a seamless pattern and looks very simple and charismatic.
- DP Dork Diary:- As the name suggests, it is a non-cursive and quite readable font. The words are straight, and are very clear to the reader.
- Mervale Script:- One of the incredible scripts and gives a retro feel. This type of Script is semi-cursive, some of the letters rejoin together, and some do not. It is ideal for writing titles, topics, quotes, etc. You may find it in some newspapers or magazines.
- Landliebe:- This is a type of cursive Handwriting with thick and thin layers.
Some of the other standard fonts are:-
To begin with, Have a heart(bold and non-cursive), Rumi(Natural touch, looks real and have more than 900 glyphs), Sophia(more feminine, soothing to eye font, cursive), Kalam(informal Handwriting, non-cursive, Devnagiri inspired and Latin scripts, has a smooth look soothing to eyes), Au revoir(French, exquisite and alluring), Woolen(will take you to ancient times when people used to have best cursives, very trendy and warm), Peabo Mini(classic, handwritten with 69 glyphs, gives a retro feel, initial letter of each word looks like an interior bulb shine).
Other available fonts you may choose are:-
Tabitha, Handie, Stackyard, Germanica, My style, Balqis, Montez, Yellowtail.Autour One, Unifraktur Maguntia, HHummingbird, Hiatus, Quarzo, 99% occupy, Miami font, Sevillana, Mimix, Pecita, etc.
Will you believe it if I say there are thousands of more fonts in the world other than those we have discussed above. Thus, You can check, choose and also add any of the fonts in your Handwriting to enhance it. Doing this will help you boost your grades and teachers’ mood too. So, do not forget to practice the font you choose to gain perfection. Who knows? Maybe you can become the next best handwriting expert in the world. Thus, to have the best handwriting in the world has its own merits.