Nearly 98 per cent of candidates showing for JEE-Advanced have been allotted examination centre from the top three selections of cities made by them throughout registration, in keeping with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) right here which is conducting the exam.
A complete of 1.6 lakh candidates have registered for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)-Advanced after qualifying the JEE-Main. The exam is scheduled for September 27.
тАЬAs many as 97.94 per cent of candidates who have registered and paid the fee for IIT JEE Advanced 2020 have been allocated examination cities, which fall under the top three choices they had made during the registration. The rest of 2.06 per cent has also been allocated exam cities from eight choices made by them during registration,тАЭ a senior official of IIT Delhi mentioned.
тАЬThe examination cities to the candidates have been finally allocated completely randomly, based on an advanced algorithm, to achieve the most efficient distribution. The algorithm also takes note of the fact that these are challenging times because of COVID-19 and physical distancing needs to be maintained at each centre to ensure their safety,тАЭ he added.
The official claimed that the variety of exam centres has been elevated from 600 final 12 months to 1000 and the variety of exam cities has additionally been elevated from 164 to 222.
The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE)-Mains for admission to engineering faculties was performed from September 1 to six, amid stringent precautions and social distancing measures in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
Staggered entry and exit for candidates, sanitisers on the gate, distribution of masks and sustaining distance as candidates queued up, had been among the many scenes witnessed on the exam centres throughout the nation.
While a complete of 8.58 lakh candidates had registered for the JEE-Mains exam, 2.5 lakh of the candidates had been eligible to seem for JEE-Advanced exam which is performed for admission to IITs throughout the nation.