Dry hair is a very common and collective problem in the world. Especially in a country like India, with the unpredictable weather conditions, hair issues come up all the time. This means constant attention to hair care is necessary and can make or break (literally) your locks. We have all grown up with home remedies, most of which have even passed down over generations. During the peak of the pandemic, with little to no access to salons, most of us turned to them. Even now, when salons are finally open, some of us still swear by these home remedies. They are obviously healthier for the hair, quite inexpensive and more convenient.
Common home remedies for dry hair:
- Watch what you eat: Your diet affects not just your body but your hair too! Lack of the right nutrients can cause hair to become dry. Eat foods that are rich in zinc, B12, calcium, iron and Omega-3 fatty acids. If it is not easy to incorporate these in your diet, we suggest consulting your doctor for supplements.
2. Drink more water: Most of us fail to drink the recommended 3 liters a day and it shows not just on our skin but our hair too!
3. Use aloe vera: The magic potion everyone swears by does wonders for the hair too! It boosts scalp health and hair growth. It also minimizes moisture loss and makes hair soft.
4. Trim it: If you love it, trim it! As much as you want to keep growing out your locks, a slight trim every month can take care of split ends.
5. Avoid air-drying: Post a hair wash, wrap your head in a cotton cloth as opposed to air-drying it. The latter causes greater loss of moisture which leads to more dryness.
6. Have a cold shower: Everyone loves a relaxing hot water shower, except your hair. The heat instantly damages your strands. Cold water is a better alternative as it refreshes your scalp, and some studies show it could even lead to faster hair growth. It also seals the cuticles and reduces moisture loss.
7. Avoid heat styling: Just like hot water, heat styling tools also spoil your hair. They might make your hair look good temporarily but it’s not worth the long-term effects. Heat styling directly damages the hair shaft and dries out your hair overtime. You can reduce the negative effects of blow-drying by holding it at least 6 inches away from your hair.
One-product solution for dry hair:
While these home remedies might provide some respite to your dry hair, they can also be time-consuming and inconvenient. The hair care products you use every day are what have the most impact on your hair. This makes it necessary to use products that are best suited for your hair and can also be used every day. You can give a shot to Pantene 2-in-1, with shampoo and conditioner in one, nourishes dry hair and reduces hair fall with every wash, thanks to its rich conditioning formula is specially designed to help reduce hair fall due to breakage.
So go on, follow these home remedies and we are sure these tips will help you achieve the picture-perfect hair!