The determination was taken after a gathering of the syndicate, the very best determination making physique of the establishment to debate the modalities of last semester exams through the day, a college official stated.
The syndicate assembly resolved that or the ultimate Year/Semester Examinations for the educational session 2019-20 e BA/B.Sc. Part III (1+1+1) and B.Com Part III Old (1+1+1), 80 per cent of the marks shall be awarded from the best combination share of the previous two years’ marks and remaining 20 per cent marks shall be awarded from the internal assessment taken from check examination outcomes which shall be despatched by the corresponding faculties (paper sensible and course sensible) inside July 10, 2020, the official stated.
Similarly, for BCom course, the syndicate resolved that for the preparation and publication of outcomes of last examinations, 80 per cent of the marks shall be awarded from the best combination share of previous 5 semesters’ marks and remaining 20 per cent marks shall be awarded from the best of previous semesters internal assessments.
For Post-Graduate programs, 80 per cent of the marks shall be awarded from the best combination share of previous three semesters’ marks and the remaining 20 per cent to be awarded on the idea of internal assessment which shall be determined by the corresponding division and to be despatched by the Head of Department to the Controller of Examinations inside July 10, 2020, the decision stated.
Following the identical ratio, for skilled programs like Engineering and Technology, Management, Law – 80 per cent of the marks shall be awarded on the idea of internal assessment/mid semester examination/ best of the aggregates of previous semesters and remaining 20 per cent to be awarded from the task based mostly analysis, the college authorities stated.
For PG Diploma 100 per cent of the marks of the previous semester and precise marks obtained within the internal assessment (Project and Viva) shall be awarded.
Regarding again papers the marks shall be awarded on the idea of the best rating obtained within the remaining certified papers of that semester.
Calcutta University Teachers Association stated in a press release the syndicate decision was nothing however “putting a seal of approval on the higher education department advisory.”
“The opinion of the faculty has not been projected in the resolution and goes against the spirit of autonomy,” affiliation normal secretary Prof Sankhyan Choudhury stated within the assertion.