All vehicle owners must have third-party motor insurance to be able to use their vehicles on Indian roads. If you have a two-wheeler, you can choose from a wide range of bike insurance plans based on your needs and budget. With comprehensive bike insurance, you will be covered against injuries, third-party liabilities, and damages arising due to a mishap involving your bike.
If you are looking for robust two-wheeler insurance to protect your bike or scooter, then here are some of the best bike insurance options available in the Indian market.
Top two-wheeler insurance plans in India
1. ICICI Lombard two-wheeler comprehensive insurance
ICICI Lombard is a popular insurer in the motor insurance segment. Some of the features of ICICI Lombard’s two-wheeler comprehensive insurance are:
- Offers 50% discount on premium under NCB benefits if no claims are made for 5 consecutive years.
- Provides personal accident cover up to Rs 15 lakh for the vehicle owner or driver.
- Offers add-ons such as roadside assistance and zero depreciation cover.
2. Reliance General two-wheeler package policy
Reliance General’s two-wheeler package policy offers:
- Tenure options for two years, three years, and five years.
- Offers the option of voluntary deductibles from Rs 500 up to Rs 1500, which can reduce your premium amount by 5% to 20%.
- Provides zero depreciation add-on cover. It means you can claim compensation for the entire amount, without depreciation deductions, you spend on repairs in case of any damage to your two-wheeler.
3. TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance policy
Besides covering damages or losses due to theft, accidents, natural mishaps, manmade disasters, and fires, TATA AIG comprehensive bike insurance policy covers third-party damages, injuries, and other liabilities up to Rs 1 lakh. Its other features include:
- Offers 75% discount on premium for online policy purchases.
- A host of add-on options such as engine protection cover, zero depreciation cover, extra third-party coverage, and roadside assistance.
4. Bajaj Allianz long-term two-wheeler package insurance
The key features of Bajaj Allianz long-term two-wheeler package insurance are:
- Offers long-term insurance cover up to three years.
- Provides personal accident cover to the tune of Rs 15 lakh, which you can increase by paying an additional premium rate.
- Has add-on options such as roadside assistance, zero depreciation cover, and legal liability to drivers and cleaners.
5. HDFC Ergo comprehensive two-wheeler insurance
HDFC Ergo’s comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan comes with features such as:
- Coverage for third-party liabilities up to Rs 1 lakh and personal accident cover up to Rs 15 lakh.
- The choice of the three-year policy tenure to avoid the hassle of annual renewals.
- Includes add-on options such as zero depreciation cover and emergency assistance cover.
- Has provision for NCB retention add-on cover that protects No Claim Bonus benefits during the policy tenure, even in case of the insured raising a claim.
6. IFFCO Tokio comprehensive two-wheeler insurance with zero depreciation cover
The key features of IFFCO Tokio comprehensive two-wheeler insurance with zero depreciation cover are:
- Policy tenure options for two years and three years.
- Includes zero depreciation cover, and coverage for third-party financial or legal liability up to Rs 1 lakh.
- Offers add-ons such as engine protection cover, roadside assistance cover, and NCB protection cover.
7. SBI General comprehensive bike insurance
Some features of SBI General comprehensive bike insurance are:
- Mandatory personal accident cover of Rs 15 lakh for the insured vehicle owner.
- Offers add-on options including NCB protection cover and return to invoice cover.
- Covers liabilities arising due to third-party damages and vehicle loss due to theft, fire, or explosion.
8. Digit own damage two-wheeler insurance
The key features of Digit’s own damage two-wheeler insurance are:
- Insurance coverage for damages and losses of your vehicle due to fire, accident, theft, and natural calamities such as landslides and floods.
- A host of add-on options such as engine protection cover, zero depreciation cover, and coverage for consumables expenses.
- Gives vehicle owners the option to choose the IDV amount; IDV refers to the maximum amount that you will be paid by the insurer if your vehicle gets damaged beyond repair or is stolen.
- Inspects vehicles digitally, thereby making it convenient for vehicle owners.
With so many good options available in the market, it is natural to get confused about which one to choose. A good strategy is to first know your motor insurance requirements and then make a decision based on that.
Also Read: KTM 250 Adventure Review