Spotify is a highly liked music streaming platform that gives the user a plethora of features to make the user experience more entertaining. One of its awesome features include that by using this music application, you can easily connect to your loved ones and share your playlists on any desired social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and so on. But above all this, one question hits in every reader’s mind “How to Add Friends on Spotify” This answer can open the door to more privileges.
So, to bail you out we are here with the most easy, quick, and simple steps to do this so that no technicality falls between you and your love for music. So, let’s begin!
How to Add Friends on Spotify?
There are 2 different ways through which an individual can add friends on Spotify or connect with other people. So, let’s know about each of them one by one.
1. Adding Friends on Spotify Through Facebook
This is one of the easiest ways to connect and let your connections peek into your playlists. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, interlink your Spotify and Facebook accounts with each other.
- To do this, open the Spotify desktop application, then go to the edit section.
- From there, select the option of Preferences and then tap on Social.
- To end the interlinking process, choose Connect to Facebook option available there.
- Now, all you need to do is jump on the home screen again and select the Find Friends option which might be popping up on the right side of the screen.
- After this, enter your Facebook credentials or log in to Facebook so that you get a long list of people with whom you can share your taste in music effortlessly.
- At last, tap the Follow button if you want to add your friends or family on Spotify.
2. Adding Friends on Spotify Without Facebook Account
Of course, not everyone uses Facebook to connect with such loved ones for sharing music, all you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your Spotify desktop or mobile application.
- Go to the search bar and type spotify:user:username there. This way can only be useful for you if you already know the name of your connection and type everything including the username in lowercase.
- After getting the appropriate search results, click on the Follow button which will pop up near your friend’s name, and share endless music.
- Apart from this, you can also connect with any random friend or someone whose playlist catches your attention by clicking on their profile name which is shown on the playlist, and enjoy your listening experience with more music lovers.
How to Unfollow Friends on Spotify?
Above we shared the answer of How to Add Friends on Spotify but what if you don’t want to connect with someone anymore? Don’t worry, we got you covered. All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Spotify application on your mobile or desktop.
- Go to the search bar.
- Type your friend’s name and click on it.
- Now, the entire panel of his/her Spotify account will showcase.
- Click on the Following button and wait for a second until it becomes Follow which basically represents that you have unfollowed him/her and if you want to re-connect then tap on Follow.
- And this is how you can effortlessly add or remove anyone from your Spotify world.
How to Enable Friend’s Activity Pane?
Spotify demands a larger window panel to make the friend activity pane visible. An individual’s screen must have a minimum 1190 pixels broad program window to run this feature seamlessly. If this requirement is fulfilled, then try to cross-check the enabling settings, and to do this follow these steps:
- From the top-right, select the menu option which is next to your Spotify profile name.
- From there, select Settings.
- Now, at last, go to the Display Options and turn on (green) the Show Friend Activity so that you can enjoy music in a more advanced way.
Above we shared various answers on how to add friends on the Spotify application by following a few easy steps so that your music world becomes bigger, more social, and more advanced. Adding a friend give you the freedom to share and receive each other’s playlist and enjoy surreal music of different genres.
We also highlighted the steps for removing any friends and enabling the friend activity pane so that you don’t have to go from any sort of inconvenience. Still, if you want more assistance then do not hesitate to comment with your query in the below-mentioned box. Till then, happy listening and sharing!
1. How can we add friends on Spotify?
There are two easy and quick ways to do this which include through Facebook and through searching the username in Spotify application.
2. Can we follow any anonymous person on Spotify?
Yes, if you like someone’s playlist then you can simply open their activity pane and tap on follow so that sharing and listening to music becomes easier for you.
Preeti Jha is a young writer who loves reading, writing, and using words in the crispiest and clearest way possible. She has 3+ years of industry experience and holds a very good command over language and representation of content. She believes in hard work and dedication when it comes to winning any milestone or getting loyal readers. From reporting and anchoring to writing and radio jockeying, she has an interest in various fields of mass communication.