A father, son and two different individuals died of suffocation after inhaling some dangerous gasoline in a newly constructed properly in Maharashtra’s Gondia district on Thursday, police mentioned.
The incident occurred at Kanhartola village in Amgaon tehsil round 9 am.
Village resident Atmaram Bhandarkar (62) constructed a brand new properly in his premises and saved a puja ceremony on Thursday morning earlier than beginning use of the water physique.
To purify the properly, he put a combination of bleaching powder, alum and another chemical substances in its water on Wednesday night time.
On Thursday morning, his son entered deep into the properly to take away a water motor pump set up and fell unconscious.
Bhandarkar then stepped into the properly to avoid wasting his son, however he additionally fell unconscious and didn’t come out, assistant police inspector Rajkumar Dunage mentioned.
Their two neighbours then went into the water physique to avoid wasting them, however in addition they fell unconscious and died, the police official mentioned.
On being alerted, a police group rushed to the spot and the our bodies had been later fished out.
It is suspected that the chemical substances put within the properly generated some dangerous gasoline, which the 4 victims inhaled and died of suffocation, the police mentioned, including that additional investigation was on.
Besides Atmaram Bhandarkar, the opposite victims had been recognized as his son Jhanaklal Atmaram Bhandarkar (36), and neighbours Raju Bhaiyalal Bhandarkar (35) and Dhanraj Laxman Gaidhani (40), he mentioned.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is printed from a syndicated feed.)