Today is Christmas Day. Christians internationally rejoice the beginning of Jesus Christ as we speak. Christmas or Xmas is nevertheless celebrated now each by Christians and non-Christians and that’s largely as a result of legendary and jolly determine of Santa Claus – a lot liked by the outdated and the younger. Christmas or “mass on Jesus Christ’s day” because the English name it’s of pretty current origin. Earlier it was referred to as Yule, which got here from the winter solstice celebrations and other people used to trade ‘Yuletide Greetings’. How December 25 grew to become the birthday of Jesus Christ just isn’t fairly clear and there are a lot of theories about it. The non secular textual content of the Christians – The New Testament – offers no clear indication. Sextus Julius Africanus, a historian, in 221 is alleged to have recognized December 25 because the birthday of Christ and since then it was universally accepted as Christmas Day.
Merry Christmas needs and greetings
Merry Christmas playing cards to share
Merry Christmas 2020: Motivational quotes to share
- “I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year” – Charles Dickens
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream” – CS Lewis
- “However tangled the lights are this year, I know you’ll handle it with aplomb. Merry Christmas!” – Maya Angelou
- “I heard the bells on Christmas Day; their old familiar carols play; and wild and sweet the words repeat; of peace on earth, good-will to men” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been” – George Eliot
- Ring out the outdated, ring within the new. Ring, pleased bells, throughout the snow. The yr goes, let him go. Ring out the false, ring within the true” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
The Romans celebrated the winter solstice as a symbol of the sun moving back to the Northern Hemisphere indicating happier times and arrival of the spring season. Christmas is largely a festive time, celebrated as a secular family holiday. The Christmas festivities extend into ringing in the New Year. Christmas carols are sung, Christmas greetings cards are sent, special Xmas food is made and gifts exchanged. Santa Claus plays a key role in Xmas gifts and goodies. Malls and markets across the world are decorated with his happy figure ahead of the Christmas shopping season.
Wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!