Words may fall short of expressing gratitude to the doctors on National Doctor’s Day this year. Doctors are working 24X7, leading the war against COVID-19 that has changed how we look at life now. When the virus spread like wildfire, one of India’s well-known physicians, Dr Devi Shetty said, “The war against coronavirus can be won by young doctors and nurses only”. It is a day to thank all the doctors who have prioritised their duty towards the sick more than anything else in their live. Many may have met their families only a few times in the last couple of months.
National Doctor’s Day is observed on July 1 every year since 1991, in honour of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, considered as one of the pioneers of modern health care system in India. He was close to Mahatma Gandhi and his physician as well.
National Doctor’s Day: 5 greetings you can send
- “My prescription for you today – smile all day. Happy Doctor’s Day”
- “No amount of fees can compensate for the life you saved”
- “You are most wonderful doctor I know”
- “Thank you for making me love life again”
- “May all your days be as wonderful as you have made all of mine”
Doctor’s Day: Top quotes
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We have the ability… and if, with our faith in our future, we exert ourselves with determination, nothing, I am sure, no obstacles, however formidable or insurmountable they may appear at present, can stop our progress…” – Dr BC Roy
- “Medicines cure diseases but only doctors can cure patients” – Carl Jung
- “The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
- “People pay the doctor for his trouble; for his kindness they still remain in his debt.” – Seneca
- “In fact, I wanted to become a heart surgeon well before I wanted to become a doctor” – Dr Devi Shetty